Miami Legal Firm is a professional law firm located in the heart of Miami-Dade County that concentrates on personal injury cases. We understand how unpleasant accidents are, and that the process of filing a personal injury claim can be extremely stressful and complex. As a boutique law firm, we provide every client with the personal attention they deserve, and maintain open communication with them throughout the entire process until the final settlement.
WHAT TO DO (AND NOT DO)
AFTER AN ACCIDENT
• Call 911 and request medical attention if needed.
• Advise police of any pain you may have, even if you don’t need an ambulance. It is important that your pain is noted in the police report.
• Take pictures of the scene of the accident. If you’ve had a car accident, take pictures without moving the car.
• Get information from other people involved—name, phone number, address, insurance information, driver’s license number.
• Get information about other vehicles involved—make, model, year, license plate number.
• Get information from witnesses—names, telephone numbers, addresses.
• DO NOT admit responsibility
• DO NOT give any statements to anyone besides the police officer without first consulting with an attorney—including insurance companies.
• DO NOT sign any paperwork or any release without first consulting with an attorney.
• Call Miami Legal Firm at 305-265-2266 immediately to speak with an attorney.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
BY ACCIDENT VICTIMS
What is personal Injury?
Personal injury law is a very specific type of civil law. Any individual injured as a result of someone else’s wrongful conduct can file a lawsuit to claim financial compensation. The compensation includes, but is not limited to, medical expenses, loss of income, and pain and suffering.
Why file a personal Injury claim?
An injury can cause considerable physical as well as emotional harm. Some injuries can lead to long-lasting pain and financial burden due to the negligence of others. If someone’s negligence has caused you an injury, you can file a personal injury lawsuit to claim compensation for damages. The strength of the lawsuit depends on whether the defendant can be held responsible for your injuries. In order to reach the settlement stage, there should be sufficient evidence to prove that your injuries were caused by the negligence of the other party.
What is the timeframe for a personal injury lawsuit?
The timeframe varies based on factors such as the severity of the injuries, the length of medical treatment, liability and the overall complexity of the case. The attorney will try to reach a settlement with the insurance carrier. If a settlement cannot be agreed to within a reasonable time, then a lawsuit will be filed on your behalf. Our goal at Miami Legal Firm is to handle your case in the most effective and efficient way possible. We always aim to reach a pre-suit settlement as quickly as we can, while maintaining your best interests.
What is the value of my case?
The value of a case depends on all of the unique circumstances that pertain to it. The severity of your injuries plays a big role in how insurance companies value your claim, as well as the expenses you have incurred. Liability and property damage are also relevant factors that determine the potential value of your claim. Miami Legal Firm will do everything possible to maximize the value of your claim.
Why should I hire a personal injury attorney?
Personal injury claims can be tedious, tricky and time-consuming, so it’s important to hire an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you after an accident. Insurance companies will do everything possible to protect their interests and those of the insured, and are always working alongside a team of adjusters, investigators and lawyers. This is why you, as an individual, should hire an experienced lawyer. Miami Legal Firm will provide personalized service to protect your rights and pursue fair compensation.
What does it cost to hire a personal injury attorney?
Attorneys handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that payment is contingent on reaching a settlement or verdict on your behalf. If no financial compensation is obtained on your behalf, then you will not be responsible for attorney fees or costs.
If you have additional questions, please contact Miami Legal Firm at 305-265-2266 for further assistance